Chia seeds are tiny black seeds from the plant Salvia hispanica, which is related to the mint.
Chia seeds were an important food for the Aztecs and Mayans back in the day.
They prized them for their ability to provide sustainable energy. In fact, "chia" is the ancient Mayan word for "strength."
Despite their ancient history as a dietary staple, chia seeds became recognized as a modern-day superfood only recently.
In the past few years, they have exploded in popularity and are now consumed by health conscious people all over the world.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
- Deliver Massive amount of Nutrients with very few Calories
- Loaded with Antioxidants
- Almost all Carbs in them are Fiber
- High in Quality Protein
- High Fiber & Protein content can be helpful in losing weight.
- Chia seeds are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Chia Seeds may improve your Cardiac Health
- Rich source of Bone Nutrients (Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium & Protein)
- Regulates Blood Sugar levels hence helps fight Diabetes.
- Helps fight Chronic Inflammation.