Matcha is a type of green tea made by taking young tea leaves and grinding them into a bright green powder. The powder is then whisked with hot water. ... The shade increases the amount of chlorophyll content in the leaves, which is what makes them bright green and full of nutrients.
- High in antioxidants. Matcha is rich in catechins, a class of plant compounds in tea that act as natural antioxidants.
- May help protect the liver.
- Boosts brain function.
- May help prevent cancer.
- May promote heart health.
- Helps you lose weight.
- Matcha tea is very easy to prepare.
- Matcha Green Tea has a smooth slightly bitter and tasty flavor. Generally, matcha tastes a little bitter but vegetal, and ceremonial grades of matcha can be very smooth, and sometimes even buttery or creamy.