Pink Lemonade for you
As I look back at the history of the lemonade only one thing flashes in my mind – fond memories of my moms kitchen and practically every kitchen in India that I sneaked into to watch the most popular sherbet easily served ;our very own nimbu pani. As a kid somehow I always grew up with the idea that I could make enough money selling this refreshing drink at a fun fair stall a la characters of Archie comics.
Here’s the variation to the Pink Lemonade. This is a slight twist to what I enjoyed at my popular neighborhood cafe, then Tangy Tomato and now Chilies.
Recipe for 2
Making time : 7-10 minutes
- 500 ml Water
- 1 teaspoon Unsulfured brown sugar/jaggery syrup
- 1 small Lemon
- 5-10 drops of Beet juice
- soaked Sabja Seeds
- Rock salt (to taste)
- crushed ice
- Crushed mint leaves (optional)
- Soak sabja seeds in a bowl and let it rest for 10 mins to swell .
- In the meantime take water in a bowl, add the sugar and stir it continuously till dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice and lastly some salt till the liquid is one.
- Add juice, extracted from the steamed beets and add to the lemonade for color. Even cranberry or raspberry can be used for color.
- And Voila! Your alkaline refresher is ready to be sipped. At a party/post workout/at home on a hot summer day
Enjoy…..with some chilled ice and mint