Looking for an exciting gourmet change to your daily meals? Upgrade your pulao by using Quinoa grains, for a new & unique flavour, which cooks as easily as rice. This healthy alternative is regarded as a complete protein, as it contains all nine essential amino acids, and is a generous source of calcium.
Why Quinoa is considered a Superfood?
- Super Nutritious: Natural source of Protein, Vitamins & Minerals
- High in Fiber, Much higher than most grains
- Rich in Plant Antioxidants called Flavonoids which have been found to have anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-cancer and anti-depressant effects
- Very High in Protein, with all the Essential Amino Acids
- Has a Low Glycemic Index and hence is good for Blood Sugar Control
- Strengthens Metabolism
- Boosts Immunity as it is a rich source of Magnesium
- Low Calorie
- Gluten-Free and Perfect for People With Gluten Intolerance
How to use Quinoa?
You can consume quinoa, a full of protein, nutritious, easy to digest and gluten-free food item, either plain or as an ingredient in a grain salad.
Just plain: Quinoa has a lovely nutty flavour, and it can boil in less than 20 minutes, so it’s a great alternative to pasta or rice for a quick meal.
Stuffed into vegetables: Quinoa makes a great stuffing. Try quinoa and mushroom stuffed with zucchini. It is delicious.
In a grain salad: Quinoa is a fabulous base for easy, quick, filling grain salads. Use quinoa as the basis for a light, whole-grain salad.
For breakfast: Quinoa’s high protein content and fast cooking time makes it an ideal breakfast.
- Substitute for another grain: Use quinoa just as you would any other grain, like rice or barley. It makes a fantastic side dish for almost any meal.